Umbrellas in York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrellas in York

On a day trip to York at the weekend,I spotted these in Coppergate Walk,far too good to miss out on..
    IMG_0192-2 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Re: Umbrellas in York

Well spotted. York is one of my favourite cities.

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris,it's one of mine too,I've been several times in the past for long weekends,but now it's just day trips.

Comment

Well taken, lovely colours.

Bill.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks Bill,I took lots of shots of them,but chose that one to get the church tower nicely centred.

Comment

Colourful and the church tower is placed just right. I guess this was some kind of event?...
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks Nigel,
              This is copied and pasted from The YorkPress;
              "COLOURFUL floral umbrellas have returned to York's Coppergate Walk to launch ‘Instagram Summer,' a series of events and photo opportunities which aim to make the Coppergate Centre a hotspot for visitors wanting fabulous photo opportunities.

Centre manager Pippa Unwin said that even in the early evening when the umbrellas were being put up, many locals and visitors alike were stopping to take photographs of the 'Brollywalk' installation.

"We’re looking forward to seeing hundreds of images appearing across social media in the coming months," he said.

"Last year, we were named by travel website scenicwander.com as one of the best umbrella streets in the world, so we’ll be adding even more colour with a different display of umbrellas each month from now until September – weather permitting.

“The view of the umbrellas is always changing, whether in the mid-day sun, at dusk or even in the rain when they stand out against grey sky, and they’re almost hypnotic in the breeze when they sway on the wires."

She said the floral umbrellas tied in with another new attraction, coming to the Coppergate Centre later this month, when the students from Askham Bryan College will re-assemble their Gold Medal-winning ‘In Sight of the Minster’ show garden at the heart of St Mary’s Square for locals to enjoy."

Comment

Nice one Roy
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks Tony,much appreciated.

Comment

Well taken

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom,I took a lot of shots of them but that was the only one with the church tower in a good position.

Comment

Working...
                      X