Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and best wishes from sunny Huddersfield (not this morning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and best wishes from sunny Huddersfield (not this morning)

I'm new to this forum, but not to Canon. I have 3 camera bodies - an SLR EOS 300 + a EOS 300D my main camera since around 2003 and recently a 2000D. The SLR 300 came with the usual 18-55mm lens as did the 300D although when I bought the SLR 300 I also bought a 75-300mm lens too, so inter-change the lenses between camera bodies. More recently buying the 2000D I've also invested in a 100-400mm lens and also a 1.8mm Macro lens which I've added a reverse-ring too to try and get some decent close-up insect pictures.

I have recently encountered a problem with my EOS 300D, connecting the camera to my PC to download photos my PC isn't recognising the camera at all, this has never happened before. I've tried reloading the original disc for any missing drivers alas to no avail? I've also tried restoring the PC to before some recent updates from Microsoft before attempting to install drivers, I've ordered a card reader which is still to arrive. Has anybody else encountered this problem? any suggestions as to a fix would be welcome.
    Les Griffiths - SLR EOS300, EOS300D, EOS2000D + EOS600D camera body using either 50mm 1.8 Macro lens usually with a reverse ring fitted, 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6 wide angle, 75-300mm f/4.0 - 5.6 iii 58mm Zoom lens + 100-400mm f/4.5 - 5.6 L IS II USM lens - all the gear yet no idea!

Re: Hello and best wishes from sunny Huddersfield (not this morning)

Originally posted by Griffles View Post

I have recently encountered a problem with my EOS 300D, connecting the camera to my PC to download photos my PC isn't recognising the camera at all, this has never happened before. I've tried reloading the original disc for any missing drivers alas to no avail? I've also tried restoring the PC to before some recent updates from Microsoft before attempting to install drivers, I've ordered a card reader which is still to arrive. Has anybody else encountered this problem? any suggestions as to a fix would be welcome.

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear you're having difficulties with the 300D. From my experience you have invested in the only fix worth bothering with - when i bought my first DSLR (a D30) I was advised to use a card reader to download images and, other than the original reader giving up the ghost after much service, I've never had an issue. On those occasions when I have tried to connect a camera to the PC it's always been a struggle...
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

It could be that you’re connecting it with a different cable. Some cables have the same connection at both ends but they only have some of the pins actually wired up so they are purely for charging and can’t handle data.
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/150977425@N05/

Comment

Hi Guys,
        A fellow photography nut popped around today and has managed a fix - so all is well and photos are now down loaded to PC.
        The fix was to go to camera menu > maintenance settings 2 > Communication and then change from 'Normal' to 'PTP' and the PC recognised the camera straight away - I hope this may benefit others should the same problem arise for others.

As advised here for the future I'll be using the card-reader when it arrives, ordered on the internet I suspect its coming from the far-East.
        Les Griffiths - SLR EOS300, EOS300D, EOS2000D + EOS600D camera body using either 50mm 1.8 Macro lens usually with a reverse ring fitted, 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6 wide angle, 75-300mm f/4.0 - 5.6 iii 58mm Zoom lens + 100-400mm f/4.5 - 5.6 L IS II USM lens - all the gear yet no idea!

Comment

Welcome looking forward to seeing your work
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Welcome to the Forum and I look forward to seeing some of your images.
            Colin

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Tom

Comment

Working...
              X