• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quaint rural Churches

Life in NZ
    Attached Files

Re: Quaint rural Churches

Hello Doug

Nice shots. I gather you are from NZ........ wherebouts?

We drove up the North Island last year, Wellington up to Cape Reinga and it doesn't come any more special than your beautiful country and its stunning vast scenery. This church reminds me of Russell- but I know it's not
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Hi lunarbo,
      I'm in the middle of the North Island in the Bay of Plenty region. Think Taupo, Tokoroa, Rotorua way.
      The smaller Church pic was taken about 20mins from where I live & the second was taken in Cambridge, a small but beautiful town about 1.5 hours drive.
      Thanks for your kind words about our country, I'll be sure to pass them on to Jacinda :)
      I'm glad you got to the Bay of Islands & to see Russel - it's quite something huh?
      But yes, there are never-ending photo ops here & my Wife & I will often spend the whole day driving & exploring little nooks & crannies looking for places to photograph & also scouting for night-time opportunities.
      Was there anything else you especially liked (or loathed) about NZ apart from the scenery?

Regards,
      Doug

Comment

Was there anything else you especially liked (or loathed) about NZ apart from the scenery?
        Didn't loath anything!

Extra likes ..............in no particular order

1. Rotorua. On my bucket list, got the money shot
        2. 90 mile beach. A Dream Scene that went on forever and ever. Stunningly beautiful
        3. Wellington Beehive and your government's welcoming and open policy to show us the workings of a country
        4. The acceptance and integration between the Maori and the non-indigenous people
        5. Cattle. The fattest, happiest cattle I've ever seen. 1000's of them
        6. Doing Xmas parade and songs with some friends living in Greytown. The whole town turned out and there was a big community feel
        7. Views from Mata (?) near Napier. Amazing views and you could feel the history
        8. My husband found Guinness on sale!
        Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Lovely tranquil set

Tom

Comment

Yup, Rotorua is a lovely place.
            We went there in the weekend just for shots of the redwood forest using a fisheye!

I'm glad you liked NZ so much & got to see that there really aren't problems between Maori & non-indigenous people.
            Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
              Didn't loath anything!

Extra likes ..............in no particular order
              7. Views from Mata (?) near Napier. Amazing views and you could feel the history
              !
              I agree about attractions of NZ as expressed by Bo. I, if I could turn the clock back and knowing what I know now would be living in NZ.
              WRT 7. above it's "Te Mata Peak"
              Peter

Feel free to browse my
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
              X