Flickr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickr

Really starting to annoy me now. On my PC have to log in every #@$%?! time.

Just got a new tablet and the app now directs to the web page and guess what? Have to login every time, Grrrr.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Re: Flickr

Not having that problem (yet).
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Well I hope you don't it's really, really annoying.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS

Comment

I'm still OK with it.
        Colin

Comment

I just found I had to login again and it didn't want to recognise my password. I had to negotiate through the recovery option to get back in. Hopefully it will remember to keep me signed in...
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Interesting.

Are you still using your yahoo email to sign in?

I had the same problem continually on my PC for about 2 weeks but now it seems to be OK again. Works fine on an iPad but not on my iPhone where it logs me in but I can only see images from those people I follow, not my own!

I've referred it to the Flickr helpline who suggested all my problems were because I've 'migrated to the new server' despite me telling them I've not been invited to change and their website refuses to accept my personal email anyhow! They say they will look into the iPhone problem but it might take a few weeks!

Interestingly I have a second Flickr account which I share with 2 others as part of an Art Group & that works fine on PC, Tablet & iPhone.
            Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Yep still using a Yahoo sign in. Nothing else works. My issues seem to have started when I upgraded to a pro account.

The login procedure is somewhat tedious because of the 2 factor authentication.

Comment

It seems that each time I exit the browser (not close the flickr tab) I get logged out and have to login the next time (which didn't used to be the case). The only option which seems to vaguely work is the Yahoo login and even than that means trying 2 or 3 times as it keeps whining that i should use some new flickr login which I'm not aware of having... Eventually repeated use of my Yahoo login seems to force it's acceptance...

SMUGmug certainly live up to their name, they are smug and clearly see us as mugs, I suspect it's a ploy to drive free users off Flickr permanently...
                Last edited by El Sid; 22-05-2019, 12:42.
                Nigel

Comment

Update: after struggling like mad I finally logged a support request and response was fantastic. A lady called Cara tried a couple of things that didn't resolve the issue but her suggestion to change to an alternate email address solved all the problems.

Can't fault the response.

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
                    Update: after struggling like mad I finally logged a support request and response was fantastic. A lady called Cara tried a couple of things that didn't resolve the issue but her suggestion to change to an alternate email address solved all the problems.

Can't fault the response.
                    Really? I put in a help request yesterday and so far diddly squat... Are you by any chance a PRO member?...
                    Nigel

Comment

Working...
                    X