Master of photography.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master of photography.

New series on Sky Arts tonight & they are using Canon gear.

Re: Master of photography.

Ok watched the first programme. Using 24-105L plus a 50mm but which body?...

Had a flip up screen. Would this be the RP?
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

According to other forums, yes it was Bo.

Comment

but which body?...

Had a flip up screen. Would this be the RP?
        thats what I wanted to know but couldnt make it out even from a paused still
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

It's the R version - just studied a still from the program and can just make out an LCD on the top, the Rp does not have this.
          Regards
          Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
          7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
          24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Thanks you eagle-eyed lot!

I guessed that Canon would want the contestants to use their new babies..... good advertising for them.

Comment

Canon seem to have got this over Leica who've been providing kit for all series so far. It's a real shame in a way because it's essentially "Master of Photography that can be shot with a very limited set of lenses" so no sport or wildlife allowed.
              EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Yes all very PC with ethnic minorities, women in power etc. Perhaps that’s the angle that “They” deem correct and of general interest, plus it all adds controversy which makes for media comment

A Day at Goodwood or the likes would be good but you can’t see it working at any wildlife site with camera crew, lighting etc crowding onto a delicate habitat.

I’ll carry on watching as I like to see others’ approach to the situation plus the critique afterwards.

Comment

Bo, the point about Wildlife is well made and you’re also right about somewhere like Goodwood.

My wife and I have been watching since the first series and have alternated between learning interesting stuff from the different approaches and shouting at the photographers for being so silly. The Michael Madsen episode was a prime example of that where the photographer missed a really obvious cue from Madsen when the said Tarantino took his smile away. All of them went for a ,oozy look, no one tried to shoot him smiling. Exasperating...
                  EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Just watched episode 1, initially it appeared that a more down to earth approach is being taken not just in selection of equipment but involvement of the judges during the challenge- It’s a shame the producers have retained the rejection and ‘sending one of you home’ X factor element. I’ll keep watching for useful insights.
                    Thanks Dave for your post else I would have missed the series!
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
                    X