Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox cubs

_11I0055 by Russell Emm, on Flickr

Waited all week to get these, would they both come out not a chance. Difficult to lock on with the long grass, but lovely late evening sun.

Re: Fox cubs

Nice shot works for me
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Well captured, lovely inquisitive expression too.

Bill.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Great shot Russell, a natural shot, my type of wildlife shot. Like you I've have spent many hours laying and waiting for them all to be looking at you, which they never seem to do. That is unless you've not got a camera with you
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Very nice indeed, would love to have seen that

Paul

Comment

Keep changing my mind on this one. I think I would crop out the one on the right......but next time I look, I may prefer to keep it in.

John

Comment

Thanks for all comments. Trev I kinda had a tip where they were, so I set my hide up about 35 yards away and then left it fo a week before returning but the grass growth in this wet warm time made it a little bit more difficult than I anticipated. John I did crop out the cub on the right, but this picture although far from ideal looks more natural, but that’s just how I look at it.

Comment

Wildlife photography for me is a record of what I see, if that was my picture I would be very happy with it. It's what you see, why clone or crop one cub out, fox cub hide in the grass, they play in the grass, it's part of their learning curve. It's a picture of two fox Cubs in their natural environment that can be repeated many times throughout the country at this time of year. Let's stop wanting all pictures on this site to be clinically clean
                Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Well said Trev, I really like the natural look of this shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    John I did crop out the cub on the right, but this picture although far from ideal looks more natural, but that’s just how I look at it.
                    That's fine Trev, (SorryI meant Russell). As I said I kept changing my mind anyway. It would be a poor show if we all had same view on everything.

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
                    Wildlife photography for me is a record of what I see, if that was my picture I would be very happy with it. It's what you see, why clone or crop one cub out, fox cub hide in the grass, they play in the grass, it's part of their learning curve. It's a picture of two fox Cubs in their natural environment that can be repeated many times throughout the country at this time of year. Let's stop wanting all pictures on this site to be clinically clean
                    With respect Trev, you gave your view on post 4, so I'm not sure why you needed to to come back and try to reinforce it. On this particular shot I felt different to you, which doesn't make me right and you wrong or you right and me wrong.
                    Let's stop wanting all opinions on photographs to be exactly the same.

John
                    Last edited by Swanny48; 01-06-2019, 16:03.

Comment

If mine i would have cropped just to include the left hand fox in the frame - if the one on the right had not been so hidden i would have perhaps left him in if the eyes had been clear
                      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
                        That's fine Trev, (SorryI meant Russell). As I said I kept changing my mind anyway. It would be a poor show if we all had same view on everything.

With respect Trev, you gave your view on post 4, so I'm not sure why you needed to to come back and try to reinforce it. On this particular shot I felt different to you, which doesn't make me right and you wrong or you right and me wrong.
                        Let's stop wanting all opinions on photographs to be exactly the same.

John
                        No offence John, just me not good for all of us to be the same - respect your reply
                        Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
                          No offence John, just me not good for all of us to be the same - respect your reply

John

Comment

Working...
                          X