Challenge 154. The Colour Red.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge 154. The Colour Red.

As you maybe aware from a previous discussion I have had on the forum I tend to struggle taking anything that is bright red or yellow. So I thought I would see how everyone else manages with the colour red.

We have been struggling to reach any great numbers lately, so may I encourage old & especially new members to enter, it will be judged in a fair & constructive way so do not worry about any comments, they will not be detrimental to anyone.

Judging - is based,

* fulfilling the brief
    * a good photo - creativity is as equally important as technical excellence in this challenge- (though that comes as standard as we are all using Canon Cameras obviously)

The usual rules apply:-

• The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • One picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • All entries to be shot with a Canon EOS camera i.e. SLR / DSLR / M & R series
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest maximum (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, NO comments on images- on this or another thread- until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • I will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite images (please don’t PM me to discuss my choices).

Closing date for entries is midnight Sunday 30th June, so plenty of time to get thinking of a subject.
    Last edited by Daisy M; 14-06-2019, 17:04.

Re: Challenge 154. The Colour Red.

Open Poppy by Gary Cantwell, on Flickr
    Last edited by leeperry; 08-06-2019, 14:47. Reason: new image
    Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

_OME0065 by brianvickers
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

A sticky burr firework!

Sticky burr firework by John Liddle, on Flickr
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Male Cardinal
          IMG_7464 by tesarver, on Flickr

Comment

Severn Valley Railway
            6D1-7663-1 by Bob Owen, on Flickr
            Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Queen

Queen by Colin Wallace, on Flickr
              Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

I am sorry to tell both Bob & Canon Fan’s photos can not be entered in this months challenge as the rules state that the shots must be taken within the month of the challenge. Please do not let this put you off from entering, still got to the 30th to enter so plenty of time to find a new red subject
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                  I am sorry to tell both Bob & Canon Fan’s photos can not be entered in this months challenge as the rules state that the shots must be taken within the month of the challenge. Please do not let this put you off from entering, still got to the 30th to enter so plenty of time to find a new red subject
                  Dave
                  Sorry Dave, will read the rules next time!
                  Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                    Dave
                    Sorry, must read the rules again!
                    Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Lepto Spermum Red Damask in full flower
                      Red Stem_2797 by Ian, on Flickr
                      Last edited by Farider; 25-06-2019, 15:02. Reason: Plant name added
                      Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Five legitimate entries so far this month, a good varied subject, open to all. Would love more shots, especially from some of our newer members, you have a week left, so get those cameras out & give it a go.
                        Dave

Comment

Have to apologise now - no time this week after day job and off to SPA racing the weekend so won't be home until this one is finished. really sorry guys - must try harder!

.DAVID.
                          Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Glorious poppies of Bewdley

Bewdley Poppy Fields HR by Kevin Riley, on Flickr
                            Kevin

Canon 5D MKIV, Canon 7D MKII, 24-105mm f4L, Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6L MKII, Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM, EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM IS, EF1.4X

Comment

Farm Buildings by Jonathan Goodger, on Flickr
                              EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

Working...
                              X