Re: Challenge 154. The Colour Red.

Red Banner by Stackman1, on Flickr

Chris

Comment

First class stamp
        by AlexR!, on Flickr
        Canon EOS 7D
        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Church Vik, Iceland

Red Roof by tblake2007, on Flickr
          Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Red Poppy in the Sunlight

Poppy In Sunlight
            by nigel winters, on Flickr
            Nigel
            EOS 80D, EF-S 55-250 4-5.6 IS, EF-S 18-55, EF-S 10-18, EF 50 1.8

Comment

The challenge is now closed, shall study the shots & give my results later today.

Comment

Firstly, Thank you all for entering 12 very different shots, maybe we should keep it simple like colours a bit more in the future. These remarks are my view & in no way intended to offend, as a mere beginner it is judged on my eye not a professional one.

Leeperry Open poppy
                Gary, thought the sharp lines of this shot were excellent, plus the fact that you entered it on the day of the D-Day anniversary was very thoughtful.

Brian Vickers.
                Brian, Impressed you came up with a totally unique concept, the reflections were so clear & the pan was cleaner than any of mine.

John Liddle, Sticky Bar Firework.
                John, Really liked the fact that the Greenfly & Cobwebs were still on the plant, plus the whole plant so in focus.

Teserver Male Cardinal.
                Tom, Cracking bird, so colourful. Found the shot a bit grainy, plus those white spots in the bg.

Farider. Red Dansk.
                Ian, an attractive plant which certainly is red, but think you had the same problem as me , that the definition of the petals was a bit soft.

Genepaul. Poppies.
                Kevin, So fortunate to have such a great landscape to photograph. I do wish you had swopped the shots around as the other one you put on the forum your eye was lead into the centre by the buildings.

Ricewind.
                Jonathan, again a well thought out subject adding a bit of variety to the challenge. I found the stone building on the right was to overpowering for the shot & maybe you should have just concentrated on the one building.

Canonfan.
                Colin, Well done you for finding another entry after your first one was not eligible. Really liked the sharpness of this shot, to get two jets travelling at speed so perfectly in line was excellent.

Stackman, Red Banner
                Chris, I am so pleased with the variety of subjects covered this month & yours is no exception. I particularly like the detail of the folds in the cloth, as it adds to the texture of the shot.

Alex R, First Class Stamp
                Alex, We can always rely on you to come up with something nobody would ever think of taking, but you have excelled yourself this time. Who would ever have noticed such detail in the perforations of a stamp?

Antoeknee, Church Vik.
                Tony, I have so enjoyed your shots from Iceland & this is one of the best of them. The focus throughout, from the flowers, to the church & into the hills is spot on. It is just that pole that bugs me.

Eoswinters. Red Poppy in The Sunlight.
                Three poppy shots, has someone been telling you all they are one of my favourite flowers.
                Nigel, The centre of your Poppy is so sharp & detailed, but the slightly soft petals are not for me, as I said this is only me & you most probably intended that.

So I had a difficult choice to make, with such a variety, but in reverse order I have placed:-

3rd. Brian (the cook)

2nd Gary (Mr Thoughtful)

1st Colin (First entry for him & I think we will see many more)

So well done all of you but congratulations Colin & over to you to set the July Challenge.

Dave

Comment

Dave thanks for running the competition and the comments. Well done to everyone, especially the top three.

Chris

Comment

A good challenge Dave, which provoked a good set of very different entries.

Congratulations to Colin - we await the next chapter!
                    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Congrats to Colin.

The flag pole was a slight annoyance to me too and did remove it but had a senior moment and posted the wrong version.
                      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks to Dave for running the competition and congrats to Colin
                        Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Congratulations Colin and well done to Brian and Gary, and thanks to David for the challenge and the judging.

Look forward to your new challenge Colin
                          Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Thanks for the great topic and well done to the winner and runners up
                            Kevin

Canon 5D MKIV, Canon 7D MKII, 24-105mm f4L, Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6L MKII, Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM, EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM IS, EF1.4X

Comment

Congratulations to the winners and David for setting up the subject

Tom

Comment

Congratulations Colin and Gary...

thanks David for a great challenge. I hope the entrants here all enter something in the next one and we can keep the numbers up.

I'm very much looking forward to the next....!
                                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
                                X