Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas please..

IMG_0733-2 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Can anybody please give me ideas on how I can made the aircraft more 'red' in this shot?I'm happy with the composition and that I managed to capture all nine in that formation,it's just I feel more could be done to give the planes more 'punch'if that makes sense?

I'll be happy to start again from scratch with the original RAW file in LR if need be.

Thanks

Re: Ideas please..

You can tweak individual colours up in lightroom
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Cheers Tony,will have a go tomorrow.
      Remember I wanted the Belgian A109 team patch,but they didn't have a stand there?I've been in touch with one of the pilots on their facebook page,and can buy the patches direct from him!One happy bunny now lol

Comment

Try dehaze too.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Cheers..will do

Comment

Just looked at your settings on Flickr, looking into the sky it should be easy to get a much higher speed than 1/500 as you have here, I would use TV, particularly for single aircraft and set speed at least at 1/1600, set ISO to Auto which in most circumstances will select ISO 100 anyway, unless you are shooting in seriously grim weather or deep blue, then it will raise a few stops but nothing to worry about, lastly, always select at least +2/3rds exposure compensation, this gives more detail in the Aircraft, if the sky is bright white rather than blue you may need to increase that to perhaps +1 2/3rds, I very rarely would go above that.

Extra thoughts

The 1/1600 speed or above is for Jets, as I am sure you know for Prop aircraft, you need to be much slower to get 'prop blur' I nearly always use 1/320 or 1/400 for them.

For the Reds where you will need a wider DOF, beneficial to use AV and set at least F8, the bright background will still ensure a decent shutter speed

Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul,some great advice there and much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X