The straggler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The straggler

Different shot from the colour one and my bash at this black and white malarky.

Somewhere over the North Sea B and W by Tony Taylor, on Flickr
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Re: The straggler

Nice shot Tony, for me I’d lift the blacks a tiny amount to show a bit more detail of the Lanc? See what you think.
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

It's a subject that definitely suits black and white. I'd agree with Ian that the blacks need lifting to get a bit more detail into the plane.
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Very atmospheric image Tony,I agree with the others regarding lifting the blacks to show more detail though.

Comment

That is a cracking shot and the sky is perfect for mono, well positioned and good prop blur too, very good indeed

Lastly, I disagree with previous comments about lifting the shadows, to me it is best left as if it's virtually night time, the Lancaster's element

Paul

Comment

Thought it would work. Leave as is, looks great.
            Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Nice image, however I would agree that the plane needs lifted just a bit, but leave the sky as is.

Tom

Comment

Before I settled on the shot above I had tried lifting it, but the main body is black and to lift it sufficently to give any detail just made the aircraft look wrong and out of context with its background.I will post a version to show you when I get a chance.
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Surely the plane lit from above right, so lifting the underside would look unnatural (imo).

Black 'silhouette' works for me.

Nice one.

Comment

I think that this image is perfect for the subject matter. Don't change a thing it catches the mood perfectly. Very well done
                    Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X