Clear All

In the Meadow

Bodnant Gardens.

In the Meadow
    by Derek W C Parsons, on Flickr
    Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Re: In the Meadow

I'm not sure about this! I like the tantalising glimpse of the house behind the tree and I like the mown path used to lead the eye but my problem is that the path is leading my eye away from the main interst which is the house. What do others think?

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
      I'm not sure about this! I like the tantalising glimpse of the house behind the tree and I like the mown path used to lead the eye but my problem is that the path is leading my eye away from the main interst which is the house. What do others think?

Cheers,
      John
      Agree with john on the path, however if it wasn't there, then I might have missed those chairs, that add a bit of mystery to the image as they sit out there, empty and by themselves.

Nice image.

Tom

Comment

Thanks John & Tom for the comments. The National Trust put the path in that direction, possibly to stop the trampling of buttercups, and leading you to a place of rest. I am sure if the pathway did not exist neither would the meadow buttercups, because there are seats directly in front, under the tree. May be The National Trust have anticipated what the human being would do, hence the patway direction.
        Derek

Comment

I understand what the others mean but I still quite like it, how the house is framed

Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul. New National Trust ploy, to lead you on to somewhere else to spend your money perhaps??
            Derek

Comment

Working...
            X