EOS magazine advert
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which film camera did you like the best?

Default Re: Which film camera did you like the best?

This is an easy one for me. A Pentax 67 Mk.2 outfit that I sold to fund the switch to digital around 2007. It is the only camera of all the many that I have owned to date that I regret selling and I miss it to this day, {sob}. Regards, Ian Paul

In the used area of my favourite camera shop, I saw a blast from the past and nearly bought it just for nostalgia reasons. A Zenit Photosniper.

How I lusted after one of those during the day.

sniper 2.jpg

sniper 3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by colin C View Post
    In the used area of my favourite camera shop, I saw a blast from the past and nearly bought it just for nostalgia reasons. A Zenit Photosniper.

How I lusted after one of those during the day.

sniper 2.jpg

sniper 3.jpg
    This brings back memories of a rather amusing incident some years ago. I too lusted after one of those, not to be out done I converted an old air rifle, cut the barrow off and made a bracket above the trigger to mount the camera - I think it was the AE1 and 200 mm lens. Converted an old cable release and fitted to the trigger and I was ready to go! I live in an area that is surrounded by military training. Someone saw me with this home made contraption and thought I was a terrorist with a Rocket propelled grenade launcher - they phoned the police. They were not amused but could do very little about it, it was no longer a gun but a stock with a camera mounted to it. It would not be the ideal thing to carry around in this day and age. Although I very often think about it and how handy it would be with a long lens to be able to get the stock stuck into your shoulder - keep the camera nice and steady.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

For me, it was the Canon AE-1 P SLR, but before that, the Canonette S f/1.7 coupled rangefinder, which had superb optics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123