EOS magazine advert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which film camera did you like the best?

Member*

Default Re: Which film camera did you like the best?

I had a Pentax ME Super with the quirky shutter speed buttons, well quirky for the time. Added an auto winder to it and found the quickest way to empty my pocket short of rampant GAS...
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Member*

A Pentax MX taught me everything about manual exposure. Lovely camera.
    Bob

EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, G12 Powershot, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

My very first SLR was a Zenit B. You had to grow your fingernails to change the aperture, which was within the front of the lens.

My first Canon was an A1, which I loved and I later paired that with a Canon F1. That was a pretty awesome combination and there wasn't anything they couldn't cover between them.

Later I bought the EOS 1n and that was my all time favourite film camera. It was a tool and did it's job day after day, without drama, just totally reliable and solid.
    Colin

I would have to say the last one I used regularly was my favourite, EOS 3 but, that said, in their day I loved Minolta X700, Canon A1 and Pentax Spotmatic. In the studio it was my Mamiya RZ67.
    Alan

2 5D Mk IVs, EOS 3, Canon 20mm f2.8, Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art, Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art, Sigma 105mm f1.4 Art, Canon 85mm f1.4, Tamron 24-70 f2.8, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 and Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Member*

My old Mamiya 330 medium format, wish I hadn't sold it really, if I could find a decent supply of film and someone to develop it, I would happily have another medium format film camera, always fancied a Hasselblad years back.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

my first film slr was the ftb-n with the 50mm 1.8 and the 135mm 3.5 sc. I still have it plus a ae1 program

went to digital via a Sony bridge camera.
    ti1 70D 5Dmk3 10-22 ef-s 50mm1.8 mk1 70-200 4 is l 400 5.6l 100mm macro is l 18-135 stm ef-s
    1.4 tele mk3 now the 85 1.8 ef lens 16-35 4 is l 50 1.4 canon

The EOS 5, probably my least favourite EOS film camera which is probably why I have 2 at the moment. No my favourite EOS film camera is undoubtedly the EOS 1. I bought mine secondhand in 1992 and it is still my go to film camera, with or without the PB-E1, unless I need a small, lightewight camera in which case I'll use my EOS 30. The EOS 1's focussing is accurate if a little slow, at least it only has one focus point which simplifies the whole process, and it runs on AA batteries, lots of AA batteries.

My first camera was a Zenit 3M, which was totally manual and was a great way to learn about photography. My favourite would probably be my Pentax LX, which was a great camera, though I'd probably find it a bit dated now. After a trip to Florida with a professional photographer in 1997 I was persuaded to convert to Canon and have used them ever since. My most recent film cameras, which I still have, are an EOS 3 and EOS 1V. It would be interesting to buy a couple of rolls of film and try them out again. Can you still buy film?

Brian

Member*

I bought an EOS 650 just about as soon as it was released and it was a big step up from the cameras I'd used until then. I later added a EOS 5 but didn't really gel with it so would have to say the 650 has been my favourite.

I still have both but the grip on the EOS 5 has become a sticky mess which, I understand, is common.

Cheers,
    John

Still have my eos 650 with the Carl zeiss 55-200 and my minolta x-700 with the 28-70

Sent from my Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12