Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which film camera did you like the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started off with the Praktica MTL 5B think it was , the old screw thread lens mount . First Canon was a 2nd hand A1 , along with an FTB , and finally the T90 , what a camera that was , have not picked up a camera that felt so nice in the hands before , or since .

Comment

I had one of these, kinda wished I'd kept it, but couldn't get film or get it developed.
      Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

EOS 50E. Always wanted an EOS 3 but could never afford one.
        John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

My first film camera was a Praktica too which I bought from Dixons (remember them?) in 1974 when my daughter was born. I still have 3 of the screw-in lenses which I use quite regularly on my EOS digital (obviously with adapter) - its difficult to beat metal and glass!

My favourite Canon film camera was my EOS 600 which I had for years.

I have a few vintage medium format film cameras too, and my favourite of these is my ICA Icarette which I have managed to adapt to use 120 film. The pics from this are stunningly sharp which is not bad for a camera that I believe was made between 1905 and 1910. There is a label on this camera which says "J. B.WATSON, OPTICIAN, EDINBURGH".

Keep pushing that shutter button!

Comment

EOS 50E It's a great camera which I still have. Unfortunately it has fallen foul of the 50E jinx - broken door latch. I have just found a supplier on eBay and I'm waiting (im)patiently for the part to arrive from Hong Kong.

Comment

I like my Canon A1 the most of all the film cameras I've had, although I would like an EOS 1v more, provided I didn't have to pay for it...
              I still use the A1, although don't shoot all that much film.

Comment

Originally posted by djp9999 View Post
                EOS 50E It's a great camera which I still have. Unfortunately it has fallen foul of the 50E jinx - broken door latch. I have just found a supplier on eBay and I'm waiting (im)patiently for the part to arrive from Hong Kong.
                That happened to me too. It happened after I'd bought my 30D, and I only used the 50E now and again, so it was just relegated to "the shelf" (all my old cameras are on there). Saw a mint one second hand 2 or 3 years later for only £50, so I had to buy it! Might put a film through it one of these days.
                John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

Canonette S f/1.7, and then the Canon AE1-P
                  Dave

Comment

A secondhand Minox 35ML ... I still have it, though it's not been used for many years ... it fitted in my jacket pocket and was always with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lepus View Post
                      Started off with the Praktica MTL 5B think it was , the old screw thread lens mount . First Canon was a 2nd hand A1 , along with an FTB , and finally the T90 , what a camera that was , have not picked up a camera that felt so nice in the hands before , or since .
                      The T90 was a fantastic camera, which I kept and used for many years, especially in the early days of digital which I never really liked until the specs. vastly improved from the early digital models.

Comment

Canon A1, although my Nikon TW-Zoom was useful for holidays...

Comment

What is this "film" you speak of ?

I've just looked over my shoulder to see on a cabinet shelf the following with no order of preference:-

A GOKO MacromaX that I think I bought at Jessops,interestingly it seems to have a film still in it!
                          A Minolta XD5, with four lenses
                          A Canon EOS300 kit.
                          Peter

Feel free to browse my
                          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Right now My current favorite is the Fujifilm GW690II. My 2nd favorite is my Bronica S2A, the 3rd is a toss-up between the Mamiya C220 and the Yashica MAT

Tom

Comment

Working...
                            X