Highland Coo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highland Coo.

Every year Atholl Estates put two Bulls out in the field by the main road towards Blair Castle, it is now a coach stop for the foreign tourist to stop & snap away. As you can see it is the same for locals.

Highland Coo by David Miller, on Flickr

Those Pesky Flies by David Miller, on Flickr

Re: Highland Coo.

First I have to admit to being one of those foreigners that have made pictures of the Castle “COO’s” David[emoji6]
    As a family we spent a number of holidays in the early 1980’s staying in one of the Castle static caravans. Many years ago there was a TV drama that featured the village and surrounding area. With some of the cast playing the parts of WW2 Italians POW’s. The temporary changes to some of the village building facades was amazing, it made it even more confusing when I could recognise an area of the village then as the camera panned round there was a building that was in what should have been an open space!
    When we visited shortly after the first episode aired the mystery building was still in place. The fake stone of the building (vacuum formed plastic) was from a distance very realistic. However when you got up close you could see where the plastic tiles were stapled to the timber frame.
    The series gained some additional viewers when they aired a scene of a naked lady taking a shower under a waterfall[emoji6]

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Second shot for me David, nice portrait.

Bill.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Peter, lots of old villagers still talk about their bit parts in the show. You can now stay in log cabins & wooden pods on the site . Not done the site on my blog yet, but plenty of the rest of the village on there (see Flickr for details). Dave

Comment

Interesting info in this thread, #2 for me, nice shot

Paul

Comment

Highland Coo.

Hi David I’ve just looked at the village on Google Earth. To see where the temporary building that I mentioned in the TV series was. Approaching the village from Bruar take a right turn at the Athol Arms. If you were looking at the Athol Stores the Building built for the TV series would have been across the road on the left. It looks like it’s a parking spot now.
            That little investigation has taken me back a few years.

PS. I tried to send the adobe as a private message but your inbox is full!

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
            Peter

Feel free to browse my
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks for telling me about pm inbox, no idea it filled up, cleared now. Yes the square has just been tidied up & looks posh.
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              X