Likes and Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Likes and Thanks

Is it necessary to put up a 'Thank You' after every 'Like' you get, this is particularly so in the Nature/Bird section. Its obvious why it's done - to keep a picture at the top of the page. It's most noticeable with a few members in that section. Does it matter if your picture is at the top, next down or of the bottom of the page - it seems very petty to me.
    They are happy to receive six or seven 'Likes' on their picture if it at the top of the page, with not a single 'Thanks'. As soon as they are knocked one peg down, its a 'Thanks' for every 'Like' to get it back on top
    When I post anything I leave it five or six days before I put any 'Thanks' up. It matters not one iota to me if my picture is at the top of the page, halfway down or on the next page.
    This was mentioned to me a few weeks ago by a Forum member that I met, that no longer post anything because of it. I know there are some on here who put great value on the number of 'Likes' they get - even taking a picture down if they don't get any!
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Re: Likes and Thanks

Personally my response is to acknowledge the fact that the poster has taken the time to look and comment. Never really thought about keeping it to the top.

Usually try to respond once to the comments.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I do the same thing, I wait a day or two before responding as a courtesy for the time taken to make the comment; I certainly wouldn’t reply after each response and it certainly hadn’t occurred to me to do that to keep it on top. I don’t mind where the pic is.
      Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Personally I think its better if the forum displays the thread in order of origination rather than its last comment.....as new relatively unpopular posts very quickly get buried under more popular ones.
        To keep up with what I'm interested in means I have to go to the specific forums, people, architecture, locations, black and white, street etc.
        No big deal but we would all like our posts to be readily visible for a reasonable amount of time....so I can understand if some people do what they can to keep them visible...……….I doubt anyone here is really that interested in accumulating likes, more likely they'd like some feedback to improve their photography.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I echo Ant and Brians views , if you look at the ratio of views against comments it is low and therefore I think on a personable level it is worthy of thanking people who do bother to provide me with feedback. I couldnt give a monkeys how many likes etc I get but when someone does bother to respond to one of my photos I think it is polite to recognise it.
          Steve ( LSINWP )
          1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

I'm not saying don't put up a 'Thanks', yes its polite to do so and I always gives Thanks to anyone who comments on any of my pictures.
            What I'm saying is it necessary to put up a 'Thanks' after each 'Like', what is wrong in thanking those who commented on the picture collectively after say five or six days, which I do.
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks for that Trev, I like your comments.:)
              Unless I am following up a thread, I don’t like to thank, in case people think I am doing it for that reason.

Comment

Depending on the intention of the poster, it is either called good manners ................. or bumping.
                Colin

Comment

I don’t see a like button on the posts unless I’m missing something.
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150977425@N05/

Comment

I don’t see a like button on the posts unless I’m missing something.
                    Click on smileys and go for this one:
                    Colin

Comment

okay, ill go for

Comment

I am pretty much on Board with Trevor here . I can think of three users in particular who thank …. bump their posts a lot . I am always grateful if I get comments and praise , that`s a given for us all isn`t it ? I notice how some good photos soon get buried here , or you look at the replies to certain members post , and think that must be good and see that 50 % percent of those replies are from themselves

Comment

Working...
                        X