Canon increased its global market share of still cameras in 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon increased its global market share of still cameras in 2018

According to Canon Rumors, Canon is still growing in the smaller pie of the Camera Market.

Top 5 camera manufacturers by market share globally:

Canon 40.5% (+ 3.9)
    Nikon 19.1% (- 2.7)
    Sony 17.7% (- 0.7)
    Fujifilm: 5.1% (+ 1.3)
    Olympus: 2.8% (+ 0.1)

Tom

Re: Canon increased its global market share of still cameras in 2018

Interesting figures and thanks for posting Tom.
    Colin

Comment

I always think this becomes very evident when you see major events - sports etc. The banks of Canon cameras in the press enclosures.
      Only last week I was involved in a project in Belgium, there were quite a few press, and I would say 80% were using Canon.
      Myself, not doing stills but still flying the Canon flag with my XF305 and XF300
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Well at the end of the day Canon are pretty good...since 2008 starting with a 400D and the 50D I jumped to Olympus having been impressed with the original Pen EP-1 (old model but a bargain) OMD EM5, found its shortfalls and tried Fuji - lovely style but focussing and processing issues and eventually back to Canon 5D3, 5D4......did everything I needed and more with no issues.
        I probably jumped to the smaller system too early....but now Canon have that market covered too.
        Canon may not be trailblazers and shout 'looks whats new' from the rooftops....but when they do release they do it oh so well.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
        X