Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 New addition to my kit - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New addition to my kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New addition to my kit

I've ordered this today;Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD from MPB,(rated as'excellent'by them) and am quite looking forward to the bit of extra reach it will give me(80mm extra on my crop sensor)when using it for street photography.Sometimes my 55-250 at the long end isn't quite enough.

It's got a lot of good reviews in general and should be an improvement over my'kit' lenses.I've got daytrips to Brighton and Covent Garden,plus local events in the next few months so it will get plenty of use!

Your thoughts on this lens are welcome.

Re: New addition to my kit

I used this lens with my 60D and still have it. Actually found it quite good optically. Only thing I would say to watch for is that's its quite easy to move the switches for AF, OS, etc

Few images with this lens and 60D

dunnock2 by tblake2007, on Flickr

Feather 2 by tblake2007, on Flickr

Male Kestrel by tblake2007, on Flickr

amber by tblake2007, on Flickr
    Last edited by antoeknee; 08-07-2019, 20:10.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

New toys are always wonderful so .............. happy new lens!
      Colin

Comment

Thanks Ant and Colin.

The images are great and have shown me what the lens is capable of,plenty of ideas there!Thanks for the heads up on the switches too,I'll bear them in mind.

Colin;Yes I hope it turns out to be"Happy new lens!"

Comment

I've got one too, bought after reading a review that stated how good the IS was. It's rock steady and can be hand held at far slower speeds than you could rightly expect. Enjoy!

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Thanks for that John,all good to hear!

Comment

Happy new lens Roy!
              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Brian!

Comment

Love the 'flying' Staffie! I had one of those and was similarly impressed. I only got rid when I bought the Canon L version!
                  Last edited by collywobbles; 10-08-2019, 15:20.

Comment

Originally posted by collywobbles View Post
                    Love the 'flying' Staffie! I had one of those and was similarly impressed. I only got rid when I bought the Canon L version!
                    I haven't had much chance yet to put the lens through it's paces properly,hoping to rectify that next Sunday in Brighton though.

I've been very impressed though with the few times I've used it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nighthawk View Post
                      I haven't had much chance yet to put the lens through it's paces properly,hoping to rectify that next Sunday in Brighton though.

I've been very impressed though with the few times I've used it so far.
                      Look forward to seeing some images from this lens.
                      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

You will Ant;I've been granted access to the outdoor terrace of a bar/restaurant on the foreshore which looks to offer a nice angle of the old pier remains,rather than the usual head on shots that you see.

Also I think I've found a good spot to get some of the existing pier,and then from the pier looking back to the town.At present these are just ideas,I'm sure I'll spot better locations/opportunities when actually there.

In the meantime,here's one taken recently of a narrow gauge railway engine driver at Abbey Pumping Station Leicester.
                        IMG_0052 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
                        Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2019, 18:47.

Comment

Working...
                        X