Grasses on the Moors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grasses on the Moors.

Went up on the moors to get these different grasses, the meadow was really wet, so stayed on the road with the 150-600 for some of them, most enjoyable .

4S7A6568 by David Miller, on Flickr
    4S7A6567 by David Miller, on Flickr
    4S7A6562 by David Miller, on Flickr
    4S7A6547 by David Miller, on Flickr
    4S7A6544 by David Miller, on Flickr4S7A6543 by David Miller, on Flickr

Re: Grasses on the Moors.

A nice set David.

I like the first one because it's minimalist with no background whatsoever. Almost Japanese in feel.

The second one I also like for the same reason but I'm not sure if that's an insect I can see in it.

The third is, perhaps strangely, my favourite. It has good bokeh but just enough of the background to provide interest yet not be distracting. I like the way the subject grass stem is echoed by the one in the background with some nice water droplets clinging to it.

The others, I'm afraid, I find the background too intrusive although the subjects are nice and sharp.

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Very nice indeed David, so much interest can be found in the most simple things.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks John & Trev, I agree with all you say John,interestingly those first three were taken with the 150-600 as close as the focus would allow me, thus blanking out the background.

Comment

Nice set David.

Bill.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
          X