EOS magazine advert
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rannoch

Member*

Default Rannoch

A run out to Loch Rannoch today, not the best of weather.

The Rain is Coming. by David Miller, on Flickr

Typical view of Loch Rannoch.

Loch Rannoch by David Miller, on Flickr

Member*

Default Re: Rannoch

Oh David, there's so much to like with these but their potential isn't being realised as they're crying out for a bit of processing. Sorry

Cheers,
    John

Member*

One day John, one day :)

I like them David. Reminds me so much of the weather every time I've ever set foot in Scotland
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Quote Originally Posted by ColytonJohn View Post
    Oh David, there's so much to like with these but their potential isn't being realised as they're crying out for a bit of processing. Sorry

Cheers,
    John
    Agreed, there's so much more to the first pic for instance...

Sky n gate.jpg

A simple lightening of the foreground and darkening of the sky, nothing else...
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Member*

Looks really good Nigel, but sorry it was a dull day the grass was dull & the sky was that colour, so I have a recording of how the day was, not how I would have liked it to have been in a perfect world. Thanks for the effort, but as a certain lady once said, "this guy ain't for turning".

Dave (or as the wife calls me Victor)

Without offending anyone I hope. I fully agree with you Dave - that's how you saw it, that's how you recorded it.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy M View Post
    Thanks for the effort, but as a certain lady once said, "this guy ain't for
    This leads me to ask, why do we put photographs on the forum. If I put up a photo, I’m hoping people will come up with suggestions as to how they feel the shot could be improved. I might not agree all the time but I wouldn't be determined not to agree all of the time.
    For what it’s worth, I feel Nigel’s edit is a bit too bright but it certainly shows how improvements can be made.

John

Member*

An oft discussed issue. We could discuss the accuracy of a captured image compared to what we see, given the massive difference in perceived contrast between the eye and the sensor. Also if shooting JPEG for instance then the picture style will have done some in camera 'editing to the image'.

Think the edit by Nigel is a bit too far but believe he was just showing what's possible. The detail brought out in the sky is really nice though.

Anyway if you are happy with the way it looks then that's all that is important.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny48 View Post
    This leads me to ask, why do we put photographs on the forum. If I put up a photo, Iím hoping people will come up with suggestions as to how they feel the shot could be improved. I might not agree all the time but I wouldn't be determined not to agree all of the time.
    For what itís worth, I feel Nigelís edit is a bit too bright but it certainly shows how improvements can be made.

John
    Could be a bit over bright, it was a quick rough and ready adjustment on an un-calibrated monitor (work PC).

The reluctance to develop one's pictures is something I don't get. I never had the space nor opportunity to develop my own back in the film days so was stuck with commercial processing and take-it-how-it-comes slide film so the ability to get the best out my pictures with digital proved to be a revelation.
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast