Canon EOS 70D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon EOS 70D

I have a EOS D70 camera, and this week I noticed that the top LCD screen has stopped working. I am not sure if something has pressed on top of it, or if this is just a fluke.
    I wonder if anyone can help, or if I need to send it off to be checked or repaired.

As I have memory problems and use this camera as a life line to keep myself occupied, I really need this to be sorted out.

Can anyone help me with this please

Re: Canon EOS 70D

Is the camera actually working? The only time I've ever seen a totally blank LCD on mine is with the battery completely exhausted.
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Yes the camera is working and the battery is fine. Just can’t see why the back LED panel works, but the top one does not.

Comment

I don't know if this helps but from here: https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/...era+on+LCD+OFF

1.) Press the "INFO" button on the back of the camera. Press it repeatedly and it should cycle through the different modes. One of the modes is actually "LCD OFF", so that could be the culprit.

2.) Also make sure that the rubber "eyecup" padding has not slid up 1/4 inch and covered the "display off sensor" that turns the display off when you put your face up to the camera. If that rubber eye pad (or dirt or makeup or your thumb or anything else) is covering the sensor, then the display would turn off thinking you have the camera up to your face.
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by kennethc View Post
          Yes the camera is working and the battery is fine. Just can’t see why the back LED panel works, but the top one does not.
          Curious... I fear it's a trip to a repair centre as I can't think of any reason that the LCD is blank if the battery is OK. I assume from what you say that it is blank rather it has turned fully black -correct? If it's actually black then it's definitely a repair job as something has gone seriously wrong.

If it's still clear I suppose it's possible that it has lost power or communication with the electronics which still means expense I'm afraid.
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I have managed to get some numbers up on the bottom left of the screen now, so I am wondering if the screen it’s self is damaged. There is a screen protector on it, so I really have not go a clue what has happened. I asked in Jessops this afternoon but did not get anywhere at all

Comment

I asked in Jessops this afternoon but did not get anywhere at all
              There's a surprise!

Many years ago Jessops was staffed by enthusiastic photographers that had a wealth of knowledge between them. If you asked a question, or wanted advice, they could always respond. Now, they just sell stuff.
              Colin

Comment

Thank you for your help. I will look into sending it off to be checked.
                As the camera it’s self is working along with the back panel, I will leave it until I come back from my holidays and then look into getting it sorted out

Comment

Working...
                X