South Devon Railway Diesel Gala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Devon Railway Diesel Gala

Visiting loco 31101 with D7535 and D7612 on the rear are seen at the Royal Mile on the South Devon Railway working the 12.25 service from Totnes Riverside to Buckfastleigh during the Diesel Gala on the 20th July 2019.

31101, D7535 and D7612 by Colin Wallace, on Flickr
    Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Re: South Devon Railway Diesel Gala

A lovely image with great composition.

I was never a fan of the Diesels. Of all the great designs coming out of this country during that era, British Rail gave it to the Tea Lady to design the loco.
    Colin

Comment

Well taken and nicely framed.

Bill.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Well taken

Tom

Comment

Very nice and generally a good composition but, while flowers in the foreround can often enhance an image, I feel that as these are out of focus they're not contributing much so would probably crop them off to the rail line you would then have a powerful diagonal and place the train on a third.

I know it's a diesel but I have a soft spot for 31s as I had (still have!) a model of one in my first train set. They sound nice too

Cheers,
          John

Comment

A good capture Colin, though I must confess I am no fan of the diesel clan.
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
            X