Tower Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower Bridge

I have been very diligent this weekend backing up Photos. I have automatic systems in place, but a couple of times a year I manually back-up to some external drives. During the course of this, I have come across a few images that I'd almost forgotten about and one of them is this image of Tower bridge, which was four years in the making.

I used to go to London regularly on business and I had an image in my "minds eye" that I wanted. Every time I tried something was wrong. Timing for the indigo blue sky, rain, bad weather, just about everything conspired against me for nearly four years. And then one day I just knew it was just right.

It's not a shot of any special merit, but that doesn't matter. What matters to me is that it was the shot I envisaged and fought so hard to obtain.

AOL 083 by colin cross, on Flickr
    Colin

Re: Tower Bridge

Its a beauty Colin...and worth the perseverance. The gradation of the sky and illumination and exposure of the bridge is spot on.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Actually Colin, I'd be pleased if this was my image. As Brian says the elements have worked well. Good perseverance and vision to get the shot.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

That is a lovely shot Colin and well worth the perseverance. Most would have been well pleased to have taken it
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

I like it a lot so well worth waiting for. Closed down aperture has given nice starbursts and slow shutter milkiness to the water all topped off with a lovely blue sky

My youngest grandson said he wanted to go up the Shard so my wife bought tickets for us to take him. I said the time to go was at dusk so best wait until about September or October. She's just booked our 'slot'... first week of August! She's no photographer

Cheers,
          John

Comment

That is an exceptional shot Colin.

Bill.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

A beautifully taken image Colin

Tom

Comment

Good things come to he who waits........ an excellent result Colin
                John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Cracking shot
                  Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Cracking shot Colin
                    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
                    X