X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest batch of cameras that all use the same sensor & chip

Hi All,

I see this as the following models: 200D, 800D, 77D, 80D

I mainly shoot low light\astro stuff & am asking if anyone has any real-world experience in these models.
    My style is that I only use my dslr for stills (no video at all) and don't care how many focus points there are as I shoot manual. I don't shoot in bad weather & I don't care about a top-mounted LCD.

I guess my question is, given the above, would buying the 200D give me the same quality photo as the 80D, given they have the same internals. I have pored over technical specs & comparisons but I can't find any definitive answers to the question: Is the IQ the same

Looking forward to hearing your responses!

Doug.

Re: Latest batch of cameras that all use the same sensor & chip

I believe the 200D and 800D are the same sensor but the 80D is slightly different.....
    I doubt there is any perceivable difference in the real world in image quality and focussing benefits of the XXD models over the XXXD models are irrelevant if you use manual focus.
    The benefit of the XXD is better ergonomics which I suspect is the only thing that separates these models for you.
    Have you checked if they are all capable of long exposures....do they all have a B setting...that might be important to you.....also is mirror lock up needed....that might not be on all models....
    Hope that helps
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
    X