• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Visit to Bruar Falls

Bruar Falls by David Miller, on Flickr

Bruar falls by David Miller, on Flickr

Bruar Falls by David Miller, on Flickr

Re: A Visit to Bruar Falls

Its a while since I've walked to those falls David. That was in the days when there was an Inn/Hotel on the roadside rather than that expensive retail place that's there now I have very similar images to this set.

Regarding the three posted I prefer the first one showing the bridge. I suspect that you could possibly have improved the other two by using a Circular Polariser to cut the glare on the water. The use of a CP posibly giving you an image (especially in the second) that shows the river bed, I hope Im not teaching my granny to suck eggs here!
    Imagine looking at the water in your second image wearing a pair of good polaroid sunglasses a CP would give the same effect. The use of a CP may also involve a longer shutter speed so you would need to make sure you could steady the camera during the exposure. IHTH
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks Peter, never ventured into filters, must be my next step in my learning curve. Do I need to get different diameter filters for the different lenses?

Comment

For the screw in variety the short answer is yes....but there’s adapters “step up/down” that could be used to use the single filter across different lens diameters.
        The same is true with filters in a holder where the holder is attached to the lens via an adapter that matches the lens diameter.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
        X