Stars on the water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars on the water

Reflective low winter sunlight on Strangford lough...

Re: Stars on the water

One of the nicest black & whites I have seen for a long time.

Good exposure, well seen and composed, with the semi-submerged sticks making the strength in the composition with their diagonal effect at the upper third of the shot. A simple shot on the face of it that belies the subtlety of all the lelments that make it work. The highlights are burnt out and always will be in a shot of this nature - to photoshop them risks them looking false, so it's probably right to accept them as they are. There is a light patch of foliage a quarter up on the extreme right which is a little distracting and I would deal with that purely because it is on the edge, but other than that, I would be more than happy to have this large on my wall.

Nice one Garr8

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Well caught. very nice composition and use of light. I think using sunlight and reflections is something I shy away from because of the 'burn out", but this shot shows just how you can use it to full advantage.
      David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
      All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

thank's for comments and suggestions - colin c & Pinkeez - they're very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X