X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon EOS 6D mk2 Issue

Hi
    Can anyone offer help please.
    My D6 Mk2 - 2 months old - has started a strange behaviour. The first picture I take is black all the rest are fine.
    I have modified my setting but nothing out of the ordinary .BBF - Raw + JPG - Grid and level etc
    Can anyone tell me if they think this is a faulty camera - Bought from John Lewis in Edinburgh.
    Lens used is 70-300 nano usm (not the white one !)
    Thanks
    Brian

Re: Canon EOS 6D mk2 Issue

A long shot but have you tried a different card? My wife had a slmilar problem with her 80D where all of the shots were visible on the computer but the first one wouldn’t download. Formatting it didn’t help, in the end we junked the card and it’s now fine with a new one.
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Tried this and it made no difference. Wondering if it’s the change to the focus settings on the 70-300 ?
      Will reset this and see what happens. Also I’ll change lenses and leave it overnight
      Will let you know how I get on but thanks for replying

Comment

No worries and sorry it didn’t help.
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Strange behaviour indeed. Suppose it might be worth trying to eliminate a possible cause, to that end it might be worth trying:
          Factory reset of camera
          A different mem card
          A different lens

If you still get the same then it would seem reasonable to think there is an issue with the camera.
          Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I would not mess around with it, other than pack it up and make a quick trip to John Lewis, demand a replacement or re-fund. Hopefully you still have the box and all the packing etc.
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
              I would not mess around with it, other than pack it up and make a quick trip to John Lewis, demand a replacement or re-fund. Hopefully you still have the box and all the packing etc.
              I'm with you Trev - time to test the John Lewis customer relationship.
              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help with this. I'm thinking of taking it back to John Lewis as I have all the boxes and paperwork PLUS I purchased it over the internet. trying one last thing - Re-setting all settings and see what happens tomorrow. Tried all of the above and the change of lens made no difference either !

Comment

OK I've sorted the problem and its a really strange one
                  On the D6 mk2 menu I used the settings below to microadjust the 70-300 lens (the nano NOT the white one)

C.FnII:Autofocus
                  Page 16
                  AF Microadjustment

2:Adjust by lens

I set the Telephone to -10 and THIS seems to be whats caused the issue of 1st picture black.
                  I reset it and tried it over 2 days without any problem !
                  So at least we have a solution even if it makes no sense to me !

Comment

OK no idea what I said above BUT called canon direct and they could not have been more helpful. IF I'd taken the camera back to John Lewis (They refused to replace it BTW) and they repaired it I would have LOST the Canon warranty as they don't use an official canon repairer ! So beware ! Anyway Canon got the camera and immediately identified the issue as a faulty exposure unit and replaced it under warranty. Had the camera back in 3 days !!! One up for Canon support and NIL points to John Lewis !
                    As another point of interest they fully tested and ADJUSTED the camera for it came back absolutely perfect in every respect. KUDO Canon UK !

Comment

Working...
                    X