Why some togs get a bad name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why some togs get a bad name

This "gentleman" decided that it was OK to be the wrong side of the track boundary (in this case the crossing gate) and in doing that, is happy to put himself in everyone else's way.

What an inconsiderate person (says I politely).

Pesky Tog.jpg
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Re: Why some togs get a bad name

Sorry John, I promise I won’t do it again [emoji1787]

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Can't agree more John, however I think this looks like a permitted crossing, there are telephones both sides and there appears to be signs of walk wear on the rubber matting. I might be wrong.
      It's a great pity that there are a few around. I remember a few years back going to the Farne Islands some photographers there had no concern or respect for the nesting birds - they were going to get their shot come what be, nor did they have any respect for other photographers who were keeping to the paths, just parking themselves in front of them. Put me off ever going back there.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I was told that this is the reason that some companies do not advertise timetables of steam excursions, because they see idiots doing this all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
          ........ however I think this looks like a permitted crossing, there are telephones both sides and there appears to be signs of walk wear on the rubber matting. I might be wrong....
          You are correct Trev - there is a right of way for both vehicles and pedestrians to croos the line here, so provided you stay within the area of the crossing you are not trespassing.

However, I do not think that the right of way gives you right to loiter within the crossing area - after all, the instructions do say "cross quickly and close the gate behind you" (my emphasis). It may well be that standing there is not illegal, but that does not make it a sensible thing to do.

Rant over!

I still managed to get a half-decent shot and I shall just make sure that I am there first next time.
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

People were doing that and worse during the recent tour of the Flying Scotsman, and they are considering cancelling future Flying Scotsman tours as it is getting too dangerous.

I think it may be illegal to stand there with a tripod set up.

Comment

Working...
            X