1.4 teleconverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.4 teleconverter

Hi, I have recently purchased a 1.4 Mk 111 teleconverter. I am using it with a 100 to 400 Mk 11 telephoto on a 6D Mk 1 body.

Should the auto focus work as it is not and I am having to use manual focus. If it should not work then what body do I need in order to get this facility.

Re: 1.4 teleconverter

I've read somewhere that using the Canon 1.4 on a 6d mk1 will only auto focus on lenses faster than f5.6 and I'm guessing the lens goes to f8 with the teleconverter fitted

Sent from my Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

5D IV works (it can auto focus at f8)
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Also 5dmk3 and 7dmk2

Sent from my Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

I do not know if this is the cause, but try it

Mounting and dismounting the Extender First attach the Extender to the lens, then attach it to the camera. Todetach it, follow the same procedure in reverse.
          It is to do with the way it talks to the camera, putting the extender on first means the camera may not recognise the lens when fitted as it has seen the converter, putting them on mounted together it sees them both as a whole.
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Cannot understand how you attach the extender & lens to the camera makes any difference, because surely you do not turn the camera on until both are attached ?

Comment

Have you tried cleaning the camera and lens/extender contacts.
              I always mount lens with extender attached with the camera switched off -- I've had no problems using a 5D MkIV & 7D MkII
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Some bodies focus at f/8 others don't.
                Whatever you do, you cannot alter the fact that as you are altering the focal length then you also alter the aperture value.

Comment

Working...
                X