Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Putting the 50mm prime to good use. - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting the 50mm prime to good use.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting the 50mm prime to good use.

In town earlier with just the 50mm prime.The statue is of Alice Hawkins,a well known Suffragette who held meetings in Leicester Market Place in the early 20th century.
    Comments etc.welcomed.

IMG_0018 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    Last edited by Guest; 07-08-2019, 15:39.

Re: Putting the 50mm prime to good use.

Good shot but it needs more canvas in front of the lady so she's looking into the frame. Try cropping off from the corner of the building on the left.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Agree with Trev, nice image and his suggestions are probably right.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks chaps,unfortunately there isn't much space to move around the statue to get her with more of the scene in front,I could maybe have improved it a bit with a wider lens on,but not by much.Point taken about the crop though,I'll try to go again and bear that in mind.

The aim of the visit was to to get more use from the 50,it's rarely in my bag,but need to get more familiar with it prior to my upcoming trip to Brighton.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nighthawk View Post
          Thanks chaps,unfortunately there isn't much space to move around the statue to get her with more of the scene in front,I could maybe have improved it a bit with a wider lens on,but not by much.Point taken about the crop though,I'll try to go again and bear that in mind.
          Going wider would have included more of the messy background including that blue hoarding. In this case I would crop much tighter to concentrate and simplify...

Statue by Roy W.jpg

A larger aperture might have been better too as it would further soften and blur the background clutter, something like f4 or possibly 2.8 might have been a better starting point.
          Last edited by El Sid; 08-08-2019, 11:50.
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks Nigel,it looks so much better now.I'll try a wider aperture as you suggest next time I visit the statue.

Comment

Working...
            X