Isaac on the L&BR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isaac on the L&BR

Isaac is a 2 foot gauge 0-4-2 Bagnall built as part of a batch of four locomotives in 1952/3 for a South African platinum mine. When the mine's railway was regauged to 3' 6" in 1982 the Bagnals were declared redundant so returned to the UK where all have been preserved. Restoration of Isaac was completed at the Ffestiniog Railway's Boston Lodge Works and moved to the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway at Woody Bay in 2013.

Seen here after running around its train at the end of the short but very scenic mile of track the L&BR currently has available:
    5D3_0819_AuroraHDR2019-edit-Edit-Edit by John Leah, on Flickr

5D3_0812_AuroraHDR2019-edit-Edit by John Leah, on Flickr

The colour versions plus several others from my recent visit are on the Flickr album < here >

Cheers,
    John

Re: Isaac on the L&amp;BR

Two nice shots John, like the way you have processed the sky on these.
    Enjoyed looking at the colour versions on flickr too and to be honest I prefer these to the mono.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks Bill

It's funny about steam shots that they lend themselves so well to mono but there is still a place for colour. With these I couldn't decide which would be best so processed the whole shoot as both. I'll post some of the colour ones later.

Cheers,
      John

Comment

Two well done BW images John

Tom

Comment

Two great shots John
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr: