Bristol Floating Harbour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bristol Floating Harbour

We went to the M Shed in Bristol to see the Aardman "Early Man" exhibition (very interesting) and when we came out we wandered onto the balcony overlooking the harbour. All of a sudden I felt a pano coming on.......

Can you spot Gromit?

My only regret is that I had only taken the 22mm pancake lens - if I had the 11-22 available, I could probably have got the top of the cranes in.

Floating Harbour by John Liddle, on Flickr
    Last edited by John Liddle; 11-08-2019, 16:47.
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Re: Bristol Floating Harbour

Nice work John.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Really good John, a great pano with lots of interesting things to zoom in on Still looking for Gromit though

Cheers,
      John

Comment

Love that view of Bristol, as the other John stated lots to see off my old work area when you zoom in, no Gromit either. But I did see what looks like shark in the water slightly off centre before the floating walkway?
        Thanks John for a walk down memory lane.

Comment

Thanks for looking and commenting chaps.

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
          ...... no Gromit either. But I did see what looks like shark in the water slightly off centre before the floating walkway?
          Looking at the original individual images, I see that the "shark" is a gull.

*****Spoiler Alert*****

Gromit is taking a ride on the water.
          John Liddle

Comment

Impressed with that. I'm waiting for the M5 to be updated before considering a plunge into mirrorless. Rumoured specs for an M6 Mkii look good but I want a proper viewfinder.
            Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Thanks Bob.

Originally posted by bobowen View Post
              ........I'm waiting for the M5 to be updated before considering a plunge into mirrorless. Rumoured specs for an M6 Mkii look good but I want a proper viewfinder.
              I believe you are right to want a viewfinder - when you look through one, the image you are about to capture is all you see - it fills your vision. When you look at a live view screen, you see a small rectangle of the image you want in the centre of the rest of what your eye is taking in - your hands, people around you, whatever.

The M5 is great as a travel camera, but its focussing leaves a lot to be desired for many purposes - no pin point focus and of course the dreaded loss of view as the photo is taken - no good at all for BIF or things of that nature.

Nonetheless, I am pleased with the M5 and it often accompanies me when we go away (particularly abroad, when flight bag weight is sometimes limited).
              John Liddle

Comment

Nice pano John.
                Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Very nice John
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice

Chris

Comment