Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Street perfomer earlier today - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street perfomer earlier today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street perfomer earlier today

I took my 70-300 into Leicester City centre for a short while today,this is the pick of all the shots.

The backdrop is as good as it gets for the subject.The custom vignette preset in LR just completes it I think.

The theatrical make-up just seems to absorb light,but I was determined to get something from it after many attempts recently.
    IMG_0007 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    Last edited by Guest; 12-08-2019, 22:58.

Re: Street perfomer earlier today

Nicely done Roy. The colors and blur as well as the OOF limb gives a nice depth to the image making the subjuct stand out better.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom,I didn't realise what I'd got until opening the RAW file in LR.

Comment

That’s a well composed and powerful shot....top marks Sir!
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thank you Brian,praise indeed,much appreciated!

When I got into town to get the shots,the performer hadn't yet set up,so after a bit of shopping,I was on a bus which passed the location and saw him,so,hopped off at the next stop and walked the few yards back,I'm pleased I did now.

Comment

Great image - thats not Boris in disguise is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              Great image - thats not Boris in disguise is it ?
              Thanks..yes it could be him
              Last edited by Guest; 13-08-2019, 11:05.

Comment

Fine shot Roy, well worth the walk back.

For myself I'd be tempted to take a tiny bit off the top so that the yellow/brown stripe in the background exits out the top right corner as I think it balances the subject/background better - but that's really a matter of personal preference.

As I say, top notch...

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks Nigel,much appreciated.I get the feeling it may just end up on my wall at some point.

Comment

I like this a lot; interesting subject, works well in colour, good DoF and quite a bit of menace. Excellent work (agree about the slight crop).

Cheers,
                    John

Comment

Thanks John I see what you mean about the menace aspect.

I'll try the suggested crop and decide which I prefer..

Comment

Really good image that works so well.
                        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks Ant,much appreciated.

Comment

A great image Roy, well captured.
                            Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Thanks Derek,it's appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X