X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alternative idea...

Hi Dave,
    Yes thanks, I’m fine just busy.....have posted in the EOS pub
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Obviously happy to go with the majority, but for what it is worth I really like the 'winner sets and judges' aspect. I think it means we get a wider selection of more unusual themes as they come from different people, and also I enjoy the what sometimes seems quite random judging which only comes from it coming from different and inexperienced people; I worry that with one person judging them all a particular style will eventually emerge and people may start to feel that some form of favouritism may be happening (even though I'm sure it won't actually happen but you know how people can take offence and see patterns where they don't exist).
      But I do thank Brian for the suggestion and the offer of such a commitment, and I'm sure you would make a brilliant judge if we do go down this route.
      Yes it is unfortunate that we are currently stuck in limbo but hopefully normal service will resume shortly.
      Canon EOS 7D
      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks Alex....I think we should stick with the existing arrangements....we appear to be at a loss regarding an August challenge now.....something needs to happen to restart the process. We need someone to make a decision on closing and / or judging the last one.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

PM sent to originator of the last challenge to judge and close the July challenge so we can move on.
          Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
            Would it be better if one of us volunteered to coordinate and set the challenge for each month for the rest of the year...with fixed calendar month deadlines.
            We could open up to suggestions from all members for the subject of each challenge....and accept offers for anyone to take on the judges role each month - otherwise the coordinator would judge and set the challenge
            We could even publish each months challenge in advance for the remainder of the year.

How about a points system where the more you enter the more points you earn on top of points for ranking for each challenge.

does that appeal anyone?

I think I'm experienced enough to have a stab to start with for 2019.....

What do you think?
            That sounds like a good idea to me. I haven't posted anything yet but I would definitely have a go.

Comment

Thanks for all of your comments...for the time being we should continue with the usual formula....it remains that the last challenge is yet to be judged.
              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I’m happy to go along with whatever is decided, I’ve only entered once and I must admit was concerned about the judging element, however I knew that by entering I was committed to following the rules, unfortunately I didn’t win and then didn’t have the opportunity to enter last months so I’m disappointed it’s currently on a break
                Kevin

Canon 5D MKIV, Canon 7D MKII, 24-105mm f4L, Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6L MKII, Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM, EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM IS, EF1.4X

Comment

Working...
                X