EOS magazine advert

Thread: Moving from Menorca

Default Moving from Menorca

Hi Guys,
    Been a while since I posted on here but Iím still around.
    We decided to put our house on the market and return to UK. Nothing to do with Brexit but family and personal reasons dictated our thoughts. Things can go very slowly in Menorca... 2 years is common..... but we sold to the first person to see the house and this has set in motion an enormous amount of work -disposing and selling unwanted stuff, and paperwork as you can imagine.
    We will return to UK early October and will be based in Oundle . Anyone out there near me please PM me to say hello!

Just as an afterthought (!!!!!!!) we had already booked Hubbyís Bucket List Big BIrthday Trip to the Grand Canyon so thatís happening early September. We are both mega excited about this and Iím taking my 5d4.

I have barely picked up the camera apart from a couple of portrait sessions with friends but today went to our local fiestas.Last time in Menorca ...all a bit poignant. Still we are happy weíve made the right decision for us and we look forward to a new challenge.
    Canon 5d mk iv plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Default Re: Moving from Menorca

I thought you had been a bit quiet - and no wonder!

All the best with the move.
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

We look forward to welcoming you "home".
    Colin

Good to hear from you Bo., looking forward to seeing your images from the US...and when you are back in the UK of course.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

That's what I really like about this site. You share your lives like a family and also some great pictures along the way. This is why I think this site is the best around. It makes me want to go out and buy another Canon body just to take part. Good luck with the move and hope hubby enjoys the wonders of the GC.

Member*

Think you are going to notice the difference in weather, especially at the moment. Hope all goes well with the move & your trip. Never been to Oundle, but looking it up it looks a nice town, plenty of photographic opportunities
    Dave

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

I too thought you had been a little quiet and was worried that you had dropped off the forum. Now I can see why. Hope the rest of the preparation for such a big move goes smoothly, and welcome back to these shores.
    But before then, have a wonderful time in and around the Grand Canyon.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, Aurora HDR Pro
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

I personally can't understand anyone wanting to live in the UK now if I were younger I would be gone
    However the best of luck with your move
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Enjoy your move and have a fun trip to the Canyon. That one is our bucket list as well. Looking forward to your images of the trip.

Tom

Thanks one and all for your comments. Yes we appreciate there will be some changes!

However we look forward to getting stuck in and doing all the quintessential British things we’ve missed in the last 22 years.

Menorca will always hold a special place in our hearts but it IS time to move on.
    Canon 5d mk iv plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to