• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saint Marys Lighthouse

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
    I was being chased by a "Piano"
    So he was the key to it.

I think the first shot was very nice but the second one is excellent.

John

Comment

Both excellent. I like the crispness of the first and the dreamy of the second.

Unusually for me, I can't pick a favourite. Both are good for different reasons.
      Colin

Comment

Very well done Peter

Tom

Comment

I like to give an honest opinion to images posted here either positive or with some considered conductive criticism but occasionally I see one where I can't immediately make up my mind so choose to pass and return for another look when I have more time to do it justice. This is one such post.

When I saw the first image I thought, and I'm afraid still think, the main elements are fighting against each other: the sun, the golden stripe, the lighthouse and the foreground rocks combine to create an image that just makes my eye wander... and settle on the wind generator A solution may be to crop both sides and produce a square image.

I'm glad I returned to it, however, as I otherwise may have missed the second shot which I think is simply stunning! True it is desaturated compared to the first but those muted tones, LE softness and a composition that leads the eye from the foreground up the reflected sun to settle on the lighthouse is simple perfect. Really well done

Cheers,
          John

PS My OCD has spotted the horizon in the second isn't quite level so the lighthouse is tilting slightly but I concede that most won't have been aware
          Last edited by ColytonJohn; 29-08-2019, 19:54.

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
            I like to give an honest opinion to images posted here either positive or with some considered conductive criticism but occasionally I see one where I can't immediately make up my mind so choose to pass and return for another look when I have more time to do it justice. This is one such post.

When I saw the first image I thought, and I'm afraid still think, the main elements are fighting against each other: the sun, the golden stripe, the lighthouse and the foreground rocks combine to create an image that just makes my eye wander... and settle on the wind generator A solution may be to crop both sides and produce a square image.

I'm glad I returned to it, however, as I otherwise may have missed the second shot which I think is simply stunning! True it is desaturated compared to the first but those muted tones, LE softness and a composition that leads the eye from the foreground up the reflected sun to settle on the lighthouse is simple perfect. Really well done

Cheers,
            John

PS My OCD has spotted the horizon in the second isn't quite level so the lighthouse is tilting slightly but I concede that most won't have been aware
            John I'm so glad you returned to this post and posting your constructive criticism. I didn't consider a square crop for the first image but I shall give it a try. Thanks for taking time to review the two images I really appreciate you doing so

PS. I must have turned my Horizon OCD off when processing the second image
            Peter

Feel free to browse my
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks once again everyone for taking time to look and comment, I really appreciate it

PS.
              I have added a square cropped version as suggested @ ColytonJohn of the first image into my original post. Thanks John your suggestions works for me and it removes the wind turbine as @ BobOwen suggested
              Last edited by ST-EOS; 08-09-2019, 07:42.
              Peter

Feel free to browse my
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
              X