Hello from Northampton.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Northampton.

Hi, Thought I would introduce myself. Very recently decided to go FF., seems to be the direct opposite to what others are doing if you believe what you read on the web, but decided it was the way to go for me as my main interest is in landscape photography and I was unhappy with my results from my previous gear. Got myself a mint, gripped 5D3 and a pair of L zooms and love them, wish I had made the switch sooner, would have saved myself a lot of agro, not to mention money. Hoping to get to know a few of you better, regards to all, Ian Paul.

Re: Hello from Northampton.

Ian, welcome, you need to show us your results, this forum will help you in a friendly way & you won’t regret joining it. Dave

Comment

Hello Ian and welcome.

We look forward to seeing some of your work.
      Colin

Comment

Welcome Ian, I'm also using a 5d3, great camera... Look forward to seeing your photos

Sent from my Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you Dave for the warm welcome. Took a look at loading my first image following the guide but after resizing the longest side to 800 as directed, but upon viewing the shot it looked like it had been taken through the bottom of a milk bottle so would welcome any advice from yourself or fellow members. I intend to become an active member once I get over this initial problem. Regards, Ian.

Comment

Thanks Colin. Please see my reply to Dave.

Comment

Hi Ian and Welcome
              I suggest you post the picture you are referring too and I'm sure someone on here will sort you out ---- in the nicest way!!!!
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Hi Ian and welcome.

Bill.
                7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

_H8A0019 by Ian Wheatley, on Flickr Thanks again to all for the welcome. Had a stab at posting my first image here and here it is, bit of a faff but am sure you guys will put me right re size etc. Taken on a recent visit to Coton Manor not far from me and is famous for its Bluebell Wood, people come from far and wide to see them. Anyway, thanks again to you all, regards, Ian P.

Comment

It seems a bit over saturated especially the sky - were you using any filters
                    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Hi Trev, Sorry your not too keen on it but we will have to agree to disagree on this as its how I like to see my pics, especially landscapes. Only filter used was a Skylight which I stick on the front of all my lenses for protection. Perhaps other members have a view on this they would like to share. Regards, Ian P.

Comment

Working...
                      X