Images from Nigeria taken between 1964 - 1967; Sharing with members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Images from Nigeria taken between 1964 - 1967; Sharing with members

Yes, John. My problem now is that these images should not be lost for ever,after I get to the horizontal position. The younger generation,including my two professional children, are just not interested in such things- I may be wrong making such a sweeping statement. It is my intention during the coming winter months to make a splurge of my African slides covering Nigeria,Cameroons (name must have changed),Kenya, Gold Coast (now Ghana) in the 1960's, and maybe post some for members interest; but I would like to donate them somewhere where it would "live", as these are unrepeatable images mainly due to civil wars which have changed the face of some of these countries. So any ideas, please get back to me even via PM

Thanks
    Nat
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Again Nat, thanks so much for sharing your memories with us.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
        Yes, John. My problem now is that these images should not be lost for ever,after I get to the horizontal position. The younger generation,including my two professional children, are just not interested in such things- I may be wrong making such a sweeping statement. It is my intention during the coming winter months to make a splurge of my African slides covering Nigeria,Cameroons (name must have changed),Kenya, Gold Coast (now Ghana) in the 1960's, and maybe post some for members interest; but I would like to donate them somewhere where it would "live", as these are unrepeatable images mainly due to civil wars which have changed the face of some of these countries. So any ideas, please get back to me even via PM

Thanks
        Nat
        I think that will be a very worth while project during the winter months, and I look forward to seeing more. I know what you mean about the younger generation generally have no interest in the past, and find it sad as without our past, where is the future? I am very sure there will be someone who will have a use for your irreplaceable collection of African images, and think that would be a superb legacy.

John

Comment

Working...
        X