Printer recommendations, up to A4 on a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer recommendations, up to A4 on a budget

Looking for printer recommendations for printing out photo quality images up to A4. Most will be 5x7, 6x4, 5x5 and 10x8 (or A4).

I don't have tons of money to spend, thinking £300 maximum.

Don't need scanner or any Wi-fi facility or anything like that, just plug into iMac via USB cable and print off, that's it, nothing complicated or fancy, just a printer that prints off decent quality prints and is reliable and does not cost a fortune for print cartridges or use them up too damn fast.

Re: Printer recommendations, up to A4 on a budget

Although it has wi-fi, scanner I can recommend the Canon TS8150 series - old model being offered on Amazon for around £80. I use 999inks for compatible cartridges. Had mine about a year & in that time have spent £70 on replacements.
    Hope this helps
    Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Ok, I know I said about budget, but, for a moment, if I scrap the budget element and go for non-ink, what should I be looking at in a more professional, robust printer that uses some other technology, not ink. Again, don't have to go bigger than 6x9 inches.

Comment

Thanks guys. ip7250 is cheap so can afford the risk, but carts prices put me off. At the silly end of the scale the Mitsubishi CP-D70DW dye-sub printer looks awesome, but at £695 plus vat I'd have to be sure I'd get that money back in client fees.

Comment

Working...
        X