EOS magazine advert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Highland Lighthouse

Member*

Default Re: Highland Lighthouse

A good picture of an interesting subject that works well in mono. I think the composition that placed the tower on a third was correct.

Cheers,
    John

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Lovely image, Tom; although I see where Nigel is coming from I like your composition. Lovely light with the shadow falling against the lighthouse tower.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, Aurora HDR Pro
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Member*

Fabulous image.

This was painted by my favourite American Artist - Edward Hopper, at its original location.
    Interesting article here - https://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/10/t...0cultured.html

Tom, I know you love B&W and it's ideal for a scene like this but might we see a coloured version?
    Bob

EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, G12 Powershot, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Quote Originally Posted by bobowen View Post
    Fabulous image.

This was painted by my favourite American Artist - Edward Hopper, at its original location.
    Interesting article here - https://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/10/t...0cultured.html

Tom, I know you love B&W and it's ideal for a scene like this but might we see a coloured version?
    Here is the color version Bob

Thanks Trev, Nigel, Brian, Peter, John, Ian, Bill, Derek, John & Bob for stopping by. Thanks for the edit Nigel, however I wanted the cart part and the golf cart in the image as it puts the Lighthouse in it's new environment, where your edit just focuses on the Lighthouse.

Tom

Member*

Thanks Tom,

The B&W has more impact I think!
    Bob

EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, G12 Powershot, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Quote Originally Posted by tesarver View Post
    Here is the color version Bob

Thanks for the edit Nigel, however I wanted the cart part and the golf cart in the image as it puts the Lighthouse in it's new environment, where your edit just focuses on the Lighthouse.

Tom
    There's a cart?!...................Oh, so there is.....

Time to get the old eyes tested.......
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12