Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canons Ashby House And Garden

_H8A0008 copy by Ian Wheatley, on Flickr

Taken on a recent visit, only around twenty miles from where I live. From previous experience it may be a tad over saturated for some here, but its how I like to see my pictures, ie punchy and vibrant. I suppose its a case of how do you want to see your finished pictures. Do you want to reproduce them faithfully, as they looked when you took them or as you would wish to see them, improving on the original so to speak. I am firmly of the latter view, after all isn't that why we use LR & PS. etc. Interested to hear others views on this. Regards to all, Ian P.
    Last edited by Ian Paul; 31-08-2019, 10:43.

Re: Canons Ashby House And Garden

This could have been a normal (boring?) shot of an old building but you chose to process it as 'Loud and Blousy'. Some will hate it but I like a bit of oversaturation at times. And sometimes a lot of oversaturation Oh, composition is good too

Cheers,
    John

Comment

I like that very nice
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Firstly, the composition is excellent, with the path leading to the church and the main building framed by the clouds.
        As to the processing, no it won't be to everyone's taste. I like it. That said, I wouldn't want every image to be processed like it, sometimes you need subtlety, sometimes complete abstract, sometimes realism and sometimes nudging the boundaries between them, as this does.
        Canon EOS 7D
        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Agree that the composition is very good - but (for me) a tad OTT on the saturation.
          Last edited by John Liddle; 02-09-2019, 13:54. Reason: Speeling
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Wow.

I can run with you on punchy and vibrant. However, our eye/brain is particularly tuned to greens, noticing twice as many tones as any other individual colour. Consequently, if the greens aren't right, everybody notices immediately and the image looks wrong. It is my experience that if you get the greens right, or at least acceptable, you can get away with just about anything else.

So may I suggest toning down the greens just a hint and leave everything else as is.
            Colin

Comment

Ian, as others have mentioned the composition is great. However whilst the processing is certainly very eye catching, it is just too saturated for my liking, especially the blue in the sky. Though I bow to Colin's knowledge regarding the greens.

However I respect your choice of a punchy and vibrant style of PP
              Peter

Feel free to browse my
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

The final image is what matters and is entirely your choice.
                There is a need for faithful documentation in photography but in my opinion a truly faithful reproduction of reality is not art.
                Personally I like artistic shots that challenge perceptions and evoke feelings and meanings....photos 'about' things rather than 'of' things.
                In painting you start with a blank canvas and add to it exactly and only what you want in the final image
                In photography we start with a whole image and abstract and change as we do to achieve the effect we like.

I quite like this. (...my lawn is this colour Colin....I was told it was the mushroom compost that causes it to grow so fast and have such a rich colour)
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks to all who took the time to share their opinions on my latest picture, mostly favourable I am happy to note. All comments duly noted and much appreciated. Look forward to getting to know you all better as time goes on. Regards, Ian P.

Comment

Working...
                  X