Mealasta Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mealasta Beach

I've just returned from a trip to Ullapool and the Western Isles (Harris and Lewis). This is one image from that trip, Harris is renowned for it beaches and rightly so. But this beach is on Lewis and just about as far along a road beyond Uig as you could drive.
    As always your thought and comments are welcomed.

[IMG]20190828-_V1A8186-Edit-copy.jpg by Peter Stockton, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: Mealasta Beach

You have captured the colours beautifully, Peter, and I love how the valley shape subtly draws your eye to the water splash.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
      You have captured the colours beautifully, Peter, and I love how the valley shape subtly draws your eye to the water splash.
      The water splash raises it at least an extra notch.
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

That is well seen and taken.
        Colin

Comment

Beautiful!!
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Lovely shot Peter with nice perspective.

Bill.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Lots of lovely colours and textures there with the stream leading the eye nicely to the sea so, yes I do like it. I'm just not sure about the boulder in the foreground which, as nice as it is, does occupy a quarter of the image and is something my eye is struggling to climb over to reach the main event. Or is it just me?

Cheers,
              John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
                Lots of lovely colours and textures there with the stream leading the eye nicely to the sea so, yes I do like it. I'm just not sure about the boulder in the foreground which, as nice as it is, does occupy a quarter of the image and is something my eye is struggling to climb over to reach the main event. Or is it just me?

Cheers,
                John
                Hi John
                I Understand where you are coming from with regard to my choice of composition especially the placement of the foreground. I deliberately included the two foreground rocks, to show the colour and banding in them. The rock "Lewisian Gneiss" is apparently the oldest rocks in Britain and some of the oldest in the World.
                Thanks for taking time to look and comment
                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

From a composition point of view, I agree with John that the foreground rock takes up too much of the shot and I would crop in from the right.
                  Having said that, I think the colours on some of those rocks would make a good shot by going in close.

John

Comment

Working...
                  X