The Torbay Express at Hollicombe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Torbay Express at Hollicombe...

I wasn't going to bother with this as I've posted so many from the same spot but, on reflection, think this may be the only streak shot and posted from here.

5D3_1145 by John Leah, on Flickr

Incidentally, we've got the builders in who are constructing a raised patio we'll be placing a summerhouse on. Mrs. ColytonJohn thinks it's for entertaining and drinking gin (and cider) in but, in reality, it's so I can watch the trains pass by in comfort (while drinking gin or cider)

Oh, something else for the railway photographers to be aware of is that in the spring Network Rail cleared all the vegetation from the linesides and the reason given in the letter we were sent was to eliminate the risk of damage to the new GWR Class 800 trains soon to be entering service. Moving on a few weeks, the strip of land twixt us and the adjacent cutting top was getting overgrown again so I made my annual request to NR that they come and cut it back which they duly did. In conversation with the guys who came it emerged that the initial big lineside clearance was carried out by contractors and not NR staff whose numbers have been so reduced that it will be impossible to maintain the level of clearance the contractors achieved so their efforts and not inconsiderable expense will be for nought. Good for the wildlife but all those recently exposed classic photography spots will soon just be memories - again.

Cheers,
    John

Re: The Torbay Express at Hollicombe...

Nice shot again John from your garden, well done.
    Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Re: The Torbay Express at Hollicombe...

Excellent John, lovely composition.

Bill.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
      X