Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild Mink

Hi All,

This is my 3rd sighting of Mink in the Fens but the first time I have been able to snatch a few shots, too distant sadly and in crap light, The Farmers around here hate them and I have been asked to notify them if I see them so they can shoot it.

Although I know they are a menace to Kingfishers, I couldn't bring myself to phone the Farmer

1 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

4c by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Paul

Re: Wild Mink

Two lovely shots Paul, but not a lovely animal I'm sorry to say. They have in some areas been responsible for the decline in the Water Vole population and they can cause havoc if they get into chicken houses etc. They cleared one of my ponds of some nice carp a few years back.
    It was here in Devon in 1953 that the first confirmed breeding in the wild was confirmed, there having been several mink farm in the area, the market fell away from the fur trade and cage doors were accidentally deliberately left undone!!!!!!!!
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Well spotted Paul, you were very lucky to spot one. The second shot, right out in the open is the best one for me.

When sharpening, perhaps think about being selective and only sharpen the subject rather than the whole shot (sharpen a duplicate layer and use a mask to restrict the effect to the subject)
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Good photos , though the first looks a touch soft and the other a little over sharp as Stan mentions , I can not understand layers so am probably in the same boat as you . It looks quite big , how big was it roughly ?

Comment

Two nice shots Paul.

Bill.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks for looking Guys

Paul

Comment

I couldn't bring myself to phone the Farmer
              Whilst I can appreciate your sentiment in not doing so, the other side of the coin is that these are non-native killing machines and the consequence will be a complete absence of native birds and mammals in the area.
              Colin

Comment

Great set.
                anand

Comment

Working...
                X