lens comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lens comparison

I am trying to have a better understanding of lenses.
    which lens should I go for between a Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III and a sigma 70-300mm ƒ/4-5.6 ?
    i will be using it for my portraits, landscape and sports photography.

Re: lens comparison

I don't have any direct experience of any of these lenses, but generally, where funds permit, I would opt for the Canon lens. Neither of them are particularly fast lenses, but with the wonderful light in Kenya, you won't have to worry about that.
    Colin

Comment

I echo Colins views above , I used to have the 75-300mm ( not the Mk111 ) and it is was a good lens
      Steve ( LSINWP )
      1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Thanks guys I will go for the Canon.

Comment

Although you've now decided, I owned the Canon a couple of years back and never had an issue. My nephew has the sigma, which I purchased for him, he's taken some cracking shots with it, and it lived on his camera until he purchased a 70-200

Sent from my Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

I go along with Colin. Steve. I suppose in the end it's what's in the piggy bank
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Trev B, the price difference is very little. I am going with the Canon cause of build quality and I have a canon Agent here in Kenya.
              thanks all for the advice, much appericiated.

Comment

Working...
              X