Skye Bridge by appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skye Bridge by appointment

I had a dental appointment and as it's a trip off the island and over the bridge I took the camera along.

As I was shooting almost directly into the sun the colour wasn't very good so got my teeth into a B & W conversion.

The construction under the bridge is the new fish food factory pier which rather spoils the view now.

Re: Skye Bridge by appointment

That is a nice scene....how did they get that fish food factory through planning..!....?
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
      That is a nice scene....how did they get that fish food factory through planning..!....?
      The factory is in an old quarry and is largely hidden. The old pier was just a simple stone construction and not very intrusive in the scene. The new gantries and conveyors are huge by comparison.
      It seems the creation of jobs is a strong incentive to grant permission.

Generally planning decisions on Skye seem to be a bit random in their outcomes.

Comment

Nice shot well composed.

Bill.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
        X