Flash Compatibility with M series cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash Compatibility with M series cameras

I have a Speedlite 430EXII that I currently use with my 60D. I'm just in the process of getting an EOS-M6 mark II and I'm wondering if I can use that flash unit on it.

I've not seen any item in the EOS magazine covering that unless someone can point me to the issue where it has.

It'll be a shame to have it go to waste.

Re: Flash Compatibility with M series cameras

I'm looking at the M6 mkii for days I don't want to carry my 6D around so I'll be interested to see an answer to your query.
    There was some discussion about the original 430EX and earlier M series cameras in 2017, https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4158634

Maybe an email to Canon support might help - https://www.canon.co.uk/support/cons...ntact_support/
    Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Hi Bob
      I did find this on the Magazine main site

Which seems to indicate that it should be

"EX-series (for EOS film and digital cameras)"

But thanks for your advice, maybe I'll contact support. I don't want to attach it and cause irreparable damage.

Derek
      Last edited by Delboy_414; 24-09-2019, 09:10. Reason: Missed some info

Comment

Hi

I got a reply back from support (very quick actually)

Thank you for your request and for contacting Canon.
        Regarding your request about compatibility of your external flash Canon Speedlite 430EX II and Canon EOS M6 Mark II.
        We kindly inform you that the camera supports EL/EX Series Speedlites using all functions as it is confirmed in Advanced User Guide on page 300:http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/2/030003..._II_AUG_EN.pdf
        Once again, thank you for contacting Canon Services & Support. We hope that the above instructions are of use to you.
        Yours sincerely,

As I didn't have the manual (don't have the camera yet) I opened the pdf and it says this -

"The camera supports flash photography using all functions of EL/EX series Speedlites (sold separately)
        For operation procedures, refer to the EL/EX series Speedlite's Instruction Manual."

I hope this helps everyone.

Derek

Comment

Thanks Derek

Good news!
          Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Working...
          X