Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPP4 & 80D - No AF points!

OK, here's an odd one...

Why doesn't DPP4 display the AF points for JPEG images in Quickcheck mode or thumbnail view? Yesterday I was trawling through a very large number of JPEGs taken during a rugby match when I discovered that DPP4 does not appear able to display the AF points - active or otherwise - even when the option is selected. This also appears true for the thumbnail view and presumably the edit mode too (I didn't check that one though).

DPP4 will happily display the AF points for my 20D and 40D JPEGs so the feature isn't missing entirely - it just doesn't seem to work for the 80D. Interestingly it seems the same applies to DPP3 though that may be due to the fact that DPP3 predates the 80D and may not be able to fully read the Canon specific image info.

Anyone else had this issue? Know of a fix? It's hardly a fatal flaw but it when trawling through a lot of continuous AF images it's a bit of a pain to not know for certain where the active AF point was

One thing I did notice that might be related is that the image info for the raw files includes the AF point selection mode, ie single point, zone AF, auto zone AF etc., and the AF points show on screen but the JPEG lacked both the on-screen AF points and this information...
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Re: DPP4 & 80D - No AF points!

I have a 5Div, and the focal points don't show with RAW in DPP4 'quick view' !!!
    John

Comment

With my 5DIV raw images they do if you select the check box.

Focus point.JPG
      Last edited by John Liddle; 30-09-2019, 14:17. Reason: Additional clarity
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
        One thing I did notice that might be related is that the image info for the raw files includes the AF point selection mode, ie single point, zone AF, auto zone AF etc., and the AF points show on screen but the JPEG lacked both the on-screen AF points and this information...
        This is indeed connected... It happens because 'Distortion Correction' is selected in the Lens correction section of the shooting set up. Turn it off and lo! all the AF points appear for JPEGs on the camera screen and on demand in thumbnail, quick check and edit view options in DPP...

Sorted...
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
        X