Article "Quick set switch", in EOS Magazine Oct-Dec 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article "Quick set switch", in EOS Magazine Oct-Dec 2019

This article describes how you can register some of your camera settings, save them and make them available from the AF-ON or AE-Lock buttons so that you can quickly switch between different settings by just pressing and holding one of those buttons. This sounds like a very useful feature so I decided to try this with my 5D MkIV.

When reading the article I got the impression that it is possible to save two different sets of settings and assign one set to the AF-ON button and the other set to the AE-Lock button. "You can register each button with different settings and then recall the particular set you wish" says the article. However, when trying this I am only able to save one set of settings. I can configure the AF-ON button with the settings I want, and it works fine. But when trying to register a set with different settings for the AE-Lock button, those settins will overwrite the settings I previously saved for the AF-ON button. Is this how it is supposed to work or am I missing something? Any other experiences with this?
    Svein Nedrehagen - svein@nedrehagen.net

Looks like I have to answer myself here just in case other people have been wondering about the same issue.

In the newest (Jan-March 2020) magazine, on page 79, there is a correction to the article I referred to above and it confirms that it is only possible to save one set of settings and assign it either to the AF-ON button OR to the AE-Lock button. However, it is a very useful feature that I use a lot now.
    Svein Nedrehagen - svein@nedrehagen.net

Comment

Working...
    X