Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 One from SteamPunk yesterday at the Great Central Railway. - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One from SteamPunk yesterday at the Great Central Railway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One from SteamPunk yesterday at the Great Central Railway.

A very pleasant few hours yesterday,once the heavy rain had cleared.

Nice people and very willing to have pictures taken when asked,this however is my 70-300 in action for a candid.

Cheers for the lift home afterwards Tony!
    IMG_0428 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    Last edited by Guest; 29-09-2019, 22:22.

Re: One from SteamPunk yesterday at the Great Central Railway.

Nicely caught, slight pity about the wayward feather hanging down but that's the chance you take going with candids...

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks Nigel,I fully agree with you about the feather,but I guess that's the nature of candids,you work with what you've got.

Comment

Nicely done Roy, I rather like that.

I find myself strangely drawn to Steam Punk and if I were a little more extrovert, I could easily get into it.
        Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin

They look to be a diverse bunch,but very photogenic and friendly.I prefer to get the shots rather than joining in I think.

Comment

Its a nice shot but to me it doesn't have much of a steam punk look about it. perhaps the spider jewellery is the one thing...
            EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
              Its a nice shot but to me it doesn't have much of a steam punk look about it.
              Well there you go,had you been there on the day you would have seen that she fitted in with everyone else's costumes.

Perhaps this is more"steam punk" for you?
              IMG_0094 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Or maybe this...
              IMG_0414 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
              Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2019, 22:30.

Comment

Everyone's a critic I suppose. I didn't mean to cause offence, just offered an opinion and yes, the look of the second two shots have more of a steam punk feel about them.
                EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
                  Everyone's a critic I suppose. I didn't mean to cause offence, just offered an opinion and yes, the look of the second two shots have more of a steam punk feel about them.
                  That's ok,no offence taken.

Comment

Working...
                  X